If chosen correctly, a bulk bag filler can increase your application’s speed, accuracy, and efficiency. But how do you know whether you’ve purchased the best bulk bag filler for your needs? Discussing your operation’s current needs with experts, like the engineering team at Best Process Solutions, can help align the the best bag fillers for your bulk processing application.
Here are some things to consider when selecting a bulk bag filler.
- What is your desired fill rate? – It’s the most important question that should be asked. Bulk fillers can range from a few bags filled hourly to as many as 30 or more an hour.
- How will bulk bags be handled? – Bulk bag fillers can feature different ways for the bags to be controlled. They can include bags with loops or others on pallets.
- Need varying bag heights? – Will your application need different or varying bag heights for filling? Some bulk bag fillers might not have adjustable bag supports
- Does filling need to be automated? – Some fillers don’t need electricity while others need to be a fully automated part of an application.
- Is vibration necessary? – Some processes will require vibration to help settle contents and maximize bag volume.
- Additional bag liners? – If your application includes fine powders or other miniscule sized materials, bag liners can help prevent spills or leakage.
These are a few of the many questions that will help to narrow down which bulk bag filler is correct in your unique situation. Other optional features like roller converters, bag support extensions or inflation, system controls or a metering device can be added to your bulk bag filler.
No matter your bulk processing challenge, BPS can assist in finding the right bulk bag filler. Let us know how we can help. Call us today at 330-22-1440 or get a quote.